Cactus Wireless Flash Transceiver V5 Duo
Click to enlarge
|Brand Name: Cactus
|UPC #: 4897035130033
Cactus Wireless Flash Transceiver V5 Duo (2 PACK)The re-engineered and re-designed Cactus Wireless Flash Transceiver V5
(Cactus V5), like its predecessors, remain powerful and reliable, and is
ideal for photography of any kind. It sports a new transceiver design
and powered by 2 AAA 1.5V batteries, each Cactus V5 unit can serve as
either a wireless flash transmitter or wireless flash receiver.
Different transmitter/receiver combinations are now possible, giving
photographers unparalleled flexibility and control over their Strobist
Frequency Self-Tune (FST), a new and groundbreaking
feature, enables Cactus V5 to automatically tune itself to its last
working frequency when exposed to extreme weather conditions such as a
sudden and large temperature change. Not seen in any other solution on
the market, FST effectively minimizes "no fires".
Multi-Channel Triggering, another new feature, allows
simultaneous triggering of up to four (4) sets of light sources, all
controlled through one transmitting unit and camera. This is very useful
in situations where multiple sets of flashes normally set to different
channels need to be set off together for one or a series of shots.
Other improvements in Cactus V5 include support for any maximum sync
speed supported by camera up to 1/1000s, working frequency of 2.4GHz,
effective range up to 100 meters, implementation of a low battery
indicator and 16-channel rotary dial for channel selection, and dual hot
shoe design to allow concurrent firing of an on-camera flash. Together
with the provided PC Sync and 3.5mm cables and 6.25mm plug adapter,
photographers may use Cactus V5 with any** portable flash and studio
strobe with trigger voltage up to 300V.
Each Cactus V5 unit is manufactured using RoHS compliant electronic components and parts.
**Notes on compatibility:
- Cactus V5 does not work with V4, V2s or V2;
- Cactus V5 does not transmit TTL information;
- Cactus V5 does not work with Canon ELAN 7E, 10D, 300D (Digital Rebel / Kiss Digital);
- Some dedicated flashes (e.g. Nissin Di-622 and
Di-466 (Canon and Nikon dedicated versions), Sunpak PZ42x and PZ30,
Sigma EF-530/500 DG ST for Canon, etc.) are triggered via
system-specific pins instead of the central contact of the hot shoe.
Cactus V5 does not work with these flash models. To check whether your
dedicated flash units are compatible with Cactus V5, try attaching them
to a camera of other brand (e.g. attaching a Nikon TTL flash to a Canon
DSLR camera). If the flash can be triggered, it will work with Cactus
- Tested with the following flash models:
* Cactus AF50, AF45, KF36;
* Canon SpeedLite 600EX-RT, 580EX II, 580EX, 550EX,
540EZ, 520EZ, 430EX II, 430EX, 430EZ, 420EX, 420EZ, 380EX, 200E;
* Metz 58AF, 48AF;
* Nikon Speedlight SB-910, SB-900, SB-800, SB-700, SB-600, SB-80DX, SB-28 SB-26, and SB-25;
* Nissin Di622 MK II, Di466 for Four Thirds (Olympus and Panasonic), Di866 MK I, Di866 MK II;
* Olympus FL-50R, FL-50, FL-36R, FL-36;
* Pentax AF-540 FGZ, AF-360 FGZ, AF-400 FT, AF-240 FT;
* Sigma EF-530 DG Super, EF-530 DG ST (for Nikon
only), EF-500 DG Super, EF-500 DG ST (for Nikon only), EF-430;
* Sunpak Auto 2000DZ, 622 Pro, 433AF, 433D, 383, 355AF, 344D, 333D;
* Vivitar 285HV, 285, 283, DF-400MZ, DF-340MZ;
* Yongnuo YN560-II, YN560, YN462, YN460-II;
* Godox TT560, TT520, CF-18.